Thursday, February 4, 2010

Welcome to my world

Hello readers, welcome to the world as seen through my eyes. If you enjoy Call of Duty, watching movies, eating way too much junk food, and laughing until you're about to cry, you've come to the right place. If not.....well stick around anyways.

Today, I was approached by my boss and asked to do him a favor. Right off the bat, the movie Office Space popped into my head (remember, I really like to watch movies.) Surprisingly, he didn't need me to "come in on Saturday," but instead, to make a blog to show fellow SWOSU students exactly what goes on in the life of a freshman. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that my life is exactly like every other freshman's here, or that mine is more interesting. I'm just giving you access to my microcosm of life, hoping that in some way, it inspires you to laugh, be happy and get through your days. (In case you were in awe of my use of the word microcosm, don't be...I looked it up.)

Today is Thursday, February 4, 2010. The snowstorm hit here in Weatherford last Thursday, and today was the first day my car has moved for a couple of weeks. If you do the math, I'm pretty sure it comes out that last Thursday was less than a couple of weeks ago. That means, that even though it snowed and forced my car to stay put for the last week, I still hadn't driven anywhere in awhile. Which leads to one of two conclusions, either:

(a) I have no life.

or

(b) I enjoy mine so much I don't need to go anywhere.

..And well I like to think that it's choice (b). I've come to realize that how happy you are in life, isn't really determined by what the world limits you to. It's how you react to the conditions you're surrounded by. A smile truly is contagious, so try it out sometime. =)


....yes, that is winterfresh gum.

2 comments:

  1. Who knew that picture would come in handy in so many places! We can either "grin and bear it" or "grin and reflect it". I like your reflections. Keep on beaming! Luv ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete