Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Oh Blog, how I've missed thee. Where to begin, you all have missed so much of my life! I have went a whole semester without letting you 5 followers know my every thought, how have you all survived!? (Run-on sentence, don't even care.) Well here I am, to remove your life support and fill you again with the sweet, sweet oxygen that is my life.

This past semester I've loved, I've lost (not really, just for dramatic effect lol), I've made new friends and lost others, made my first B, practiced voodoo on a professor for the first time, exclaimed hallelujah and hugged another teacher, attempted to eat a 72 oz steak, failed, grew gray hair, grew a beard, lost my beard and gray hair, and rode in a car to Tampa, FL and back, totaling 2,600 miles and 46 hours on the road.



What I've gathered from this exhilaration that I call my life is that I'm not as smart as I thought I was. I don't have it all planned out. I tend to stress way too much, and place emphasis on all the wrong things. Throughout most of my life, grades have been my #1 priority. Heck, I almost missed out on my uncle's funeral because it'd mess up my perfect attendance in high school. (I did go though, I'm not that terrible of a person. haha) And although I had convinced myself that there was nothing wrong with that stern focus, I realize now that there is.




While grades are important, they're not worth losing your mind over. With one B, I'll still get into pharmacy school, still earn the same pay when I graduate, and with some luck, still graduate college summa cum laude.

So how this applies to you all: Whatever you're struggling with, realize that it'll be okay in the long run, and as Billy the Bass sings, "Don't worry, Be happy". Life is a beautiful blessing, so don't waste yours by stressing out. Realize that you are made by a God that loves you, that you are surrounded by His people, and be happy. Everything short of this matters not in the long run. Life is a marathon, not a sprint. Focus your attention on the people around you, and enjoy the friendships that will bloom as a result. Cherish the people you have in your life, because unlike what grade you made in organic chemistry the fall semester of your sophomore year in college, they will continue to bless you throughout your life.



Hope this has helped somehow.
Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment