Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Broken

I am broken. I am embarrassed. I feel ignorant and even worse, stupid. This week I have five tests. FIVE! I am taking four different subjects this semester: General Chemistry II, Physics, World History, and Biological Concepts. And yet I have five tests (I had one in my Chem Lab also)! I didn't really mind having them all this week. Well... that's actually a lie lol. (Normally, when people type something they don't mean to, they delete it. But I'm not going to, because this is a prime example at how confused I am right now.) Anyways, I lied. I did mind having them. I hate feeling rushed. Hate it. You may think that's a universal, but trust me, I've met some people that will disprove that theory. I hate stress. Hate it. Usually the people that enjoy being rushed also agree with that. And most of all, I HATE failing, which is exactly what I did on my test today.

If you know me, you know I'm not used to failing (at least academically). 4.0 GPA, Academic All State, Oklahoma Regents Scholar..It's just sorta my knack. I just tend to grasp learning pretty well...or so I thought. I'd like to say that if I had spent more time studying, I would've done better. But the thing is, I spent time. I didn't even go home for Easter because I was studying! Between my job and already busy schedule, my free time is already somewhat limited. So this week, I squeezed out my already subtle me-time and spent it doing chemistry. And in the end, I failed all the same.



Today has humbled me beyond belief. Humbled me to the point of self loathing.

I know usually I write about the positive aspects in life and say to look on the bright side, and so I will try to remain positive through this. Anyone can be happy when times are good, it's when times are tough that true character is shown. So I am going to lift my head and look forward to tomorrow, but if you will, please pray that the grade on that test isn't as bad as I think it is. (That's right, I haven't actually seen the score yet, I just have a feeling. A STRONG feeling. lol) Also, comments are nice, so if you have any positive advice, let me know. Friends and family are what make the bad days tolerable. And sorry about the depressing blog, I thought about not posting this, but it shows that I have troubles too. But nevertheless, it's no worry, tomorrow is another day, and everything is gonna be alright.


2 comments:

  1. Knowing that you are a movie buff, let me just say "Hakuna Matata" and wish you "no worries for the rest of your days". ( Like that's really going to happen, so instead I will share a few words of wisdom ... hopefully! )I know you feel that alot of your identity is tied to your academic achievements, but that is only a small part of who you truly are ... you are all the possibilities that lie before you. Struggles build character and where there is no struggle, there is no strength. Never admit defeat for it not only kills your spirit but that of others that look to you for inspiration. Become the ball that bounces back up after being slammed down on the pavement. If indeed you did poorly on the test, accept it, understand what happen, and learn from it for future success. Your goal is to become a pharmacist. Do you know how many of my customers ever asked what my grades were in college? Zero. Did making all A's get me the highest salary? No. Your scholarship does not hinge on you getting a 4 point GPA. Is it for bragging rights or ego? "He laughs loudest who laughs last." Your path will no doubt become more difficult through college, but your determination and perseverance are the benchmarks that define you, not a letter or a number. Ask yourself "What do I value most?" Above all, be the kind, considerate man that you are and the one I am so very proud of. My motto - If things go wrong, don't go with them".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cash,

    These things are small things. I too have failed tests and I have a similar disposition to you. I hate doing poorly...
    But, these things are small. Life will carry on, and you will soon not recal this grade. When you do recall it years from now you will remember how upset/concerned it had made you and will probably breathe easy and smirk a little for you will be in the bigger picture looking back.

    I am certain you will continue on this path of success. All this said, humilty often comes from a moment of disappointment and disgrace. I am glad this has happened. We must be humble.

    Have a great Monday, Sir.

    ReplyDelete